5 replies to this topic

#1 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:24 PM

I just purchased a new range finder, It is very nice. It has true ballistic ranging, and an inclinometer. Just when you think you have the most modern equipment. All the manufacture surprise us with new technology and fancy gear.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:19 AM

I have seen those advertised. They would in my opinion be a benefit to archery hunting. They would have a limited benefit to a muzzleloader shooter. They would have a little benefit to a rifle shooter over a standard range finder. Aaah bells and Whistles, aren't they fun. :huh: :blink: :o)
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 12:34 PM

GP@AZ what manufacturer's model did you end up with?

Leupold and Bushnell make them right now, personally the Leupold RXII is my preference because it's cheaper and has a lot of the standard stuff already built in. And like PA was pointing out it's for bowhunting from an elevated treestand.

Out west shooting a bow up hill or down hill I would want one of these by my side.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 03 August 2006 - 12:07 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 GP@AZ

GP@AZ

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

Leupold RXIII I like it very much. Why did I pick it over Bushnell well I flipped a coin LOL Leupold was avalible before the bushnell was.

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 29 December 2007 - 06:56 PM

In Feb bought a regular old Cabela's 1200 laser rangefinder. It works pretty well. Seems to be really accurate. I didnt get the AccuRange type thing cause I can do the trig in my head a nd come out really close. I may sell it soon to buy some brand of laser 2000yrd rangefinder.

Yrs ago I had an optcial rangefinder a guy gave me. It was some model of B....ell (I dont say their name any more or buy or use their products) and worked ok but they claimed a +/- 10 yrd accuracy and I didnt think that was good enough even then. But there were no laser rangefinders then.

This here is the cat's meow if you dont have the ARP type of finder:

http://www.ustactica...-Indicator.HTML

Good luck with yours George.

Edited by silvertip-co, 29 December 2007 - 06:59 PM.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#6 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:15 AM

Charles, I have 2 range finders. One leopold put out years ago and one I just picked up for next to nothing. It is one of those yrd. pro 800 by the name you don't like. I could'nt help myself though I got that and a 3 wheel golf cart for $100.00. The trouble I have with the Leopold is that I have a hard time ranging anything past 300 yrds. with it. It is great for close ranging so I mostly use it for bow hunting and the yardage pro for anything long distance.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users