14 replies to this topic

#1 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:17 PM

After much effort and begging my wife for more money I finally got my new bow. I had to use my old sight and rest but they were new last season so they're in good shape.

I ended up with the AR34 (30 1/2 inch draw @ 70# 65% let-off 34 inch axle to axle over 7 inch brace height). Archery Research in a branch of PSE and they are making some great bows for a very attractive price. I swore not to tell what I paid cause it was well under retail. A friend of mine owns a sports shop in Mt. Pleasant, PA. Will, I looked at the PSE you showed me but it was just too small for my long draw (30 1/2"). The IBO speed on the AR34 is over 300 fps and its reeaal quite.

I can say I'm happy. I could have spent more or less. I heard from a ton of folks, thanks for all of your help. I'm already shooting 1 inch groups at 50 yards.

LOOK OUT E3!!!! HERE I COME!!!!!!

Posted Image
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#2 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

Way to go Charles. What sort of favors did you have to promise the missus to swing that? :huh:

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:46 PM

Nice Charles :)

I think those retail for around $650. If the shops had it on his shelf over 1 yr I wouldn't be surprised if he let it go for $450.

The only bad press I've heard about their bows is they have a reputation for hand shock. But that's nothing a Stabilizer and Limbsavers can't erase, which I've seen you've already done. The other thing is some of their bows had a real problem with riser paint peeling off. Apparently this a warranty issue if it shows up as a problem, just call the manufacturer.

Looks like your ready. Enjoy.

Edited by Leo, 03 August 2006 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

Looking great Charles. We need to talk real soon. :yes: ;)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:49 PM

Charles Congratulations that new bow has deer/elk written all over it. Good luck.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:06 PM

Thanx Red!

Leo, you're getting warm. :) As far as hand shock I was using an old fashion joby so anything better was a huge improvment. Besides the bow is so foregiving I felt it was a better shooter for me then the shorter version (31 inch) of the say the Ross, Whisper Creek, Diamond, Parker, Fred Bear, PSE or Martin. I could not afford the Bowtech, Hoyt or Mathews so thats the end of that. AR was the best bang for the buck I could get with the best service behind it I could get locally. I felt it to be a good buy for me overall.

Eric, I've called a couple times but we haven't made contact yet. I'll keep trying.

We'll see about that backstrap in a few weeks Paul.

Bruce, Sweet. That's my feeling too. Can't wait to see you boyz (and girlz Mel).
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:53 AM

She's a beauty! Nothing like a new toy for hunting season.

Hey that's what it's all about Charles, family, friends and one inch groups. :lol:

And plenty of time to tune the broadheads in before September. ;)

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 August 2006 - 06:56 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:28 AM

Hey Charles,

Is that you holding the new bow in the photos? Did you shave your arm? Just Kidding!

Dude, you need to hit the pro circuit if your hitting one inch groups at fifty, WOW!

It sounds like that bow was long over due!

B)
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#10 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:10 AM

Will, its that Indian blood. I have very ligth body hair. I guess I was build for stelth and speed, ,lol.

See you in September.

#11 Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:39 PM

Congrats Charles...That is a very nice lookin set-up. Go get em!
Posted Image
Genius without education is like Silver in a mine. Benjamin Franklin

#12 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 11:00 PM

Charles dang good looking bow there bud....but with that long of draw lenght all you have to do is catch and choke them critters :lol: :lol: :lol: ....i'm sure you'll get lot's of enjoyment out of it ....now we want to see pic's after e3...
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#13 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:57 PM

Lookin' good Charles.
Posted Image

#14 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

Hey Charles,

Is that you holding the new bow in the photos? Did you shave your arm? Just Kidding!

Dude, you need to hit the pro circuit if your hitting one inch groups at fifty, WOW!

It sounds like that bow was long over due!

B)

I agree.

That's very impressive shooting. At 45yds I'm pretty proud of a 4 arrow 5inch group.
Posted Image

#15 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:21 PM

now, if it were only left-handed......... nice outfit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users